Monday, October 29, 2012

Officially Addicted To Couponing!

So everyone has heard of "Extreme Couponing" butalot of us dont want to put the effort and time into it. Well, last night I was having a hard time sleeping so I turned on the Wii and went into Netflix. I have seen almost everything listed but there was a couple new releases including the reality show "Extreme Couponing". So I decided to watch. Sitting there I was feeling sick to my stomach watching these people leave with hundreds of dollars worth of food and goods and having to pay less than $50 and sometimes leaving with the store owing them money. This morning after I took the kids to school I decided to do a little research and find out what the policies at my store (Publix) were. After a hour or so of research, and printing of coupons I headed over to publix with just a few items on my list hoping I wouldnt screw up. I managed to screw one thing up... I had coupons from Target (which publix takes) and pulix coupons for Pillsbury cake mixes, I would have gotten 6 boxes free but I didnt read the policy correctly. You cant combined one stores coupons with theirs.. BOOOOO! Anyways, I grabbed a bottle of Folic Acid for $2.60 plus a bottle of Magnessium for $2.80, I had a publix coupon for $6 off 2 Nature Maid vitamins. When they rang up it said $4.99 on the screen and I immediately had the manager do a price check. She came back stating it was a mistake and actually last weeks price on the tags but gave me a "Publix Promise" and rang them up free. On top of that, the cashier used the coupon. The next items were S-bar franks which were on sale buy 1 get 1 at $1.49. There was a manufacturers coupon attached for $1 off 2 packs. At the end of the checkout my total was $-5.51. The cashier had to pay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment